Preschool – 6th Grade
4/20/20 – 4/24/20
Stay With Us!
“Stay with us, for it is nearly evening; the day is almost over.” ~ Luke 24:29
On the first Easter, Jesus met two disciples returning from Jerusalem on their way to a small village named Emmaus. You can read the entire account in Luke 24:13:35. It’s an interestinig story for many reasons. We only are told the name of one of the disciples – Cleopas. We are not told how close they were to Jesus during his ministry. We don’t know their ages or professions. All we know is that Jesus chose to make an appearance to them. And what did he bring them? Comfort! What was that comfort? The Gospel. You might think it was Jesus’ presence, but the text says the disciples were kept from recognizing him.
As they walked and talked Jesus shared the Scriptures with them. He told them of the prophecies from the Old Testament. He connected the prophecies to the work he did during his ministry on earth and ultimately his sacrificial death on the cross. And their reaction? Their hearts were “burning within” them. As soon as they recognized Jesus he disappeared from their presence. Yet the message still burned, and they couldn’t contain it – they had to run back to Jerusalem to share the good news. Jesus lives!
We have that message. We have heard it preached and proclaimed. We read it in Scripture. Its message was as true for them then as it is for us today. We should rejoice that the Lord would come to us in his Word and “stay with us”. We should also take that burning message and share it in every way we can. It’s the message of salvation for all!
If you would like, check out this video: “The Road to Emmaus”. It’s a phenomenal recreation of what that encounter of the Emmaus disciples might have been like. It’s worth 30 minutes of your time as a family!
The Impact of Governor Pritzker’s Announcement
With the Governor’s announcement on Friday that all schools will remain closed for the rest of the school year, we have begun to make final arrangements for wrapping things up in May.
We will maintain the final day of school for the year as Friday, May 22nd. We will send one final set of packets (packet set 5) 江苏体彩网11选5 the first week of May – the pick up date will be Tuesday, May 5th; the completion date will be the week of May 18th. Teachers will complete final correcting and evaluation of student work during that week. Final report cards will be mailed to all students the week of May 25th.
We will be in contact with families about Kindergarten readiness assessments.
Packet Set #4
We continue to be amazed and so appreciative of your faithfulness in picking up packets and returning them to school. Your diligent support of your child’s working through them at 江苏体彩网11选5 is awesome!
Please remember: Packets DO NOT have to be completed all in one day. Work with your child to establish a plan for completing a packet’s work. You can certainly divide the work up over 2 or 3 days per packet and still complete the work in the two week window. We certainly do not know everyone’s situation at 江苏体彩网11选5 and are confident you can create the best schedule for your setting. If you need any suggestions, advice, or guidance please contact your child’s teacher directly.
The next set of packets will be available for pick beginning TOMORROW – TUESDAY, APRIL 21st. The office will be open that day from 8:00 am – 5:00 pm. Please plan on bringing back any completed packets at that time and picking up the next set that will take us to the end of the month. Also, completed packets may be returned throughout the week – take note of the office hours listed below.
The ILES office hours for April 20-24, 江苏体彩网11选5 are:
- Mon., April 20- 8:00 am – 12:00 pm
- Tues., April 21 – 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Wed., April 22 – 8:00 am – 12:00 pm
- Thurs., April 23 – 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm
- Fri., April 24 – 8:00 am – 12:00 pm
Contact Mrs. Elizabeth Oestmann at firstname.lastname@example.org
ILES Teacher’s Office Hours
- reK Rick – 10 am-12 pm, 3 pm-5 pm
- PreK Sievert- 10 am-12 pm, 5 pm-7 pm
- Kindergarten- 10 am-2 pm, 4 pm-6 pm
- 1st – 10 am-12 pm, 3 pm-6 pm
- 2nd – 11am-2pm MWF/ 3pm-6pm TTh
- 3rd – 10 am-2 pm, 4 pm-7 pm
- 4th – 10 am-7 pm
- Sievert – 10 am-12 pm, 5 pm-7 pm
- Biesterfeld – 10 am-12 pm, 7 pm-8 pm
Keep in Touch
Do not hesitate to contact your child’s teacher during this time. You should have access to their email address and in most cases his or her phone number, too. If you have any issues getting in touch with a teacher, please contact the office and we will get you connected.
The Preschool/Kindergarten Field Trip scheduled for Monday, April 20th, to KidsWork Museum has been canceled.
Field trips scheduled/rescheduled for May are still pending. As soon as information is confirmed, we will let families know of plans to either cancel or reschedule.
Our 3rd grade teacher Miss Elizabeth Kuschel has received a Call (invitation) to teach grade 7 at East Fork Lutheran School in Arizona. Please keep her in your prayers as she considers this opportunity to serve.
Also, the ILS Board has extended a Call to Miss Faith Scheer to teach grade 1. Miss Scheer currently teaches grades 1 & 2 at Christ the Lord Lutheran School in Brookfield, WI. We pray the Lord gives her wisdom as she looks to decide where she can best serve next school year.
Library books can be returned to the school office when your child is finished reading them. Thank you!
Please join us for Sunday services online with Zion or Trinity Lutheran Churches, by clicking on the links below.
- Sundays @ 9:00 AM –
- Sundays @ 8 AM, 9:30 AM & 11 AM –
Early Registration for the 江苏体彩网11选5-2021 School Year EXTENDED TO JUNE 1
- Illinois Lutheran is extending the Early Registration Deadline to June 1, 江苏体彩网11选5.
- The Early Registration fee for the 江苏体彩网11选5-2021 school year is $200 per child for grades kindergarten thru 12th grade, if the fee is paid before June 1, 江苏体彩网11选5.
- After June 1, the registration fee will be $300 per child.
- The preschool registration fee is $70 and will not change after the deadline.
- The deadline to apply for financial assistance is June 1, 江苏体彩网11选5.
A few points to highlight:
- The registration fee is non-refundable, as stated in our Student Handbook.
- The tuition rates for 江苏体彩网11选5-2021 are printed on the back of your registration invoice included in the mailing.
- You can pay registration online with your credit card. or on the link below, fill out the information and pay with your credit card (this year there is no additional fee for paying online).
Need-Based Financial Assistance:
- Your child(ren) must be registered for the 江苏体彩网11选5-2021 school year BEFORE applying for financial assistance.
- This year, returning school families applying for financial assistance are REQUIRED to do so BEFORE Friday, June 1, 江苏体彩网11选5. This is the cutoff date. You will not be considered for financial assistance unless you do so before this date.
- After the June 1, 江苏体彩网11选5 deadline, appeals from returning school families will only be accepted if something has changed since the time of your original application filing. (i.e. loss of job, income, etc.)
- Preschool children are not eligible for tuition assistance.
- Our Need-Based Financial Assistance application is only available online:
- Click on the link below to apply with FACTS.
- Login to FACTS. Either use your existing account information if you have applied before or create a new account.
- Click on the Apply for Financial Aid link and select the 江苏体彩网11选5-2021 school year.
- Fill out the required information and supply them with the necessary tax information.
- All forms must be submitted to FACTS before your application will be considered.
- FACTS does charge a fee for applying for financial assistance.
- All FACTS awards are based on need. Be as accurate and complete as possible when providing financial information.
Questions? Contact Jessica Bushey at 708.672.3262 or jbushey@.
Illinois Lutheran Schools App
Have you downloaded the Illinois Lutheran Schools App? This is the best way to receive the most up-to-date information from the school. It’s important that every parent downloads this app!
Check out the key features:
- Keep track of the events that are relevant to you.
- Get personalized notifications reminding you about events and schedules that are important to you.
- Sync events with your calendar with a click of a button.
- Access the Athletic & Activities calendar with one click.
- Enjoy the ease of finding all of the necessary information you need right here in the app!
- Get tailored information from your groups based on your subscriptions.
- Get the latest updates from Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
Download the App today! Go to the App Store and search Illinois Lutheran Schools, or click on the correct link below.